The Must Watch Short Films
Short films have gained momentum in the recent years and actors have gained fame working in them. The one thing that has motivated artists to work more on these short films is passion. A passion to grow and a growth that is visible. It is however not close to the recognition it deserves, but we together can make a difference. Here is a compilation of all the amazing short films that are a must watch.
- That Day After Everyday: Directed by Anurag Kashyap and the lead role played by Radhika Apte, the short film is focused on the issues of eve-teasing. The film is written by Nitin Bharadwaj and keeps you glued until its ending.
- Anukul: This short film is based on the story by Satyajit Ray. The mesmerizing tale of Anukul is the story of a machine. See Parambrata Chatterjee and Saurabh Shukla in the lead role of the short film.
- Maa: There certainly has been a lot of movies and short movies based on the role and story of a mother. Maa is another short film about a young artist involved in drugs and the critical relationship of a mother and son.
- Juice: Directed by Neeraj Ghaywan, the short film is all about misogyny and patriarchy. It stars Shefali Khan as a housewife in a middle-class Indian family fighting for gender equality.
The Thought of You: The short film deals with the social issue of marital insecurity and jealousy. Starring Kalki Koechlin in the lead role, it shames the lack of trust in the relationship and more. It also stars Gulshan Devaiah and Monica Dogra.
- Black Mirror: As the name goes, this short film is dark. It shares the story of an orphan boy, who lost his parents in a bomb blast. He explores the other side of the metro city with fire in his stomach. The short film is a must watch.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela