Know the Women of Bihar
Women have always been undervalued, talk about Bihar, and the state has been ignored. This Women’s Day let us talk about a few women who have made the state proud and are outshining in various walks of life. We have anyhow made progress in recognizing the women and their valor. They have proved themselves in all the fields, from politics to entertainment, from the army to business. What we need to do, is respect them and treat with dignity. Here are a few women who made Bihar proud. Let’s know Biharis!
- Sonakshi Sinha: Born in Patna, Bihar, she has also worked as a costume designer before stepping the acting world. The ace actress made her Bollywood debut with Dabangg. Loved by the audience she soon made her space in the industry and is one of the top actresses.
- Shreyanshi Singh: The gold medalist in the 2018 Commonwealth games at Australia, is a girl from the village of Jamui, Bihar. She has made the whole nation proud and not just Bihar.
- Sita Devi: She is among the firsts to take Madhubani painting from walls of her village, Jitwalpur, Bihar to the canvas. She also painted extraordinary images of the World Trade Center, Arlington National Cemetery, and facades of 19th-century buildings in New York City.
- Maithili Thakur: Grown from an unknown to a celebrity, she is trained as a classical singer. She has gained popularity from a famous TV show, The Rising Star.
- Sweta Singh: Another lady from the soil making us proud is Sweta Singh, the ace news anchor, and journalist. We all have been admiring her and loving since we saw her.
- Neha Sharma: Daughter of a businessman turned politician, Neha Sharma is a model and actress. She studied the fashion design from NIFT Delhi and has worked in several movies also in Telugu language.
- Sharda Sinha: The voice of Bihar, Sharda Sinha has received Padma Bhushan for her contribution in music. She is tremendously loved for her folk singing during the Chath festival.
- Meira Kumar: Born in the Arrah district of Bihar, Meira Kumar has been in the Indian politics and a member of parliament for five times. She has been the first women speaker of Lok Sabha and made Bihar proud of her existence.
- Neetu Chandra: A multi-talented woman, who has proved herself in acting and production, is another gem from Bihar. She has her own production house named Champaran Talkies, winning the National Award for the film Mithila Makhaan.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela