7 Quotes By Former President Bharat Ratna Pranab Mukherjee Which States How Much Visionary He Was
The former president of India, Pranab Mukherjee passed away at the age of 84. He died of lung infection at the Army’s Research and Referral Hospital in New Delhi. Over the years, his work and words have been an inspiration to many Indians.
Here are some of the quotes by him that will always stay with us.
1) I have seen vast, perhaps unbelievable, changes during the journey that has brought me from the flicker of a lamp in a small Bengal village to the chandeliers of Delhi.
2) There is no humiliation more abusive than hunger.
3) The fact remains that secularism is inherent in the Indian system, in the Indian ethos and culture. India cannot but be secular.
4) No problems are ever resolved by violence. It only aggravates the pain and the hurt on every side.
5) Hatred and intolerance will only lead to dilution of our national identity.
6) Soul of India resides in pluralism and tolerance. This plurality came with assimilation of ideas over centuries. Secularism is a matter of faith for us.
7) Every time a child or woman is brutalized, the soul of India is wounded.
Which of these Pranab Mukherjee quotes was the most impactful? Do let us know.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela